Friday, March 7, 2008

Preparing to travel

I haven't had enough fun lately. And I'm going to do something about it. I just bought plane tickets to visit my mother for Memorial Day weekend. I know what you are thinking. Mother. Does that sound fun? Well in my case, yes it is. I will get to see her new house in Washington State. And I also made reservations for whitewater rafting. There is a place that will take us out for 3 hours (remember Gilligan's 3-hour tour?). And my mom will watch the baby while DD-19, DS-8 and I go bouncing/sliding down the Elwah River. And my mom is also going to take us to Victoria, British Columbia to see the sights. So I have been scrambling the past few days getting things together for passports for the little ones, as DD already has hers in place. And I'm ordering a new one for me too, as mine expires in July this year so I might as well. I had a hard time with the baby as I didn't have a notarized statement from DH about ordering the passport. And I went to 3 places and none of them could take a passport photo of the baby. I just found a place at the mall who will do it, so I'll go there before Monday. And I also need notarized statements for the boys to take them out of the country even when I have their passports, so I will type up the statements now and get everything notarized at once. What a pain. But exciting at the same time. He he.

No comments:

Post a Comment