Friday, April 25, 2008

Random updates

We have had yet another virus making the rounds here. It hit my 3-y-o the worst. Probably because he is the youngest and Baby A doesn't count because he is breastfed. The 3-y-o had the cough after a cold but developed a fever and couldn't eat much at all for the past 6 days. I took him to the doc's yesterday and he ended up getting a chest x-ray. No pneumonia, but he showed more "air bronchograms" than the doc wanted to see, so he assumed it was bronchitis. He took his first dose of Zithromax yesterday and within 3 hours the fever broke and all afternoon he was clamoring for food and actually eating it. I hope he puts his weight back on quickly. In his bath I noticed his little arms and legs were SO thin. Amazing how quickly the little ones lose weight when sick. He had bad diarrhea as well, but that is better now. I woke up with a sore throat, but that is a good thing, so I can make antibodies for Baby A.

I am aggravated that the baby carrier I ordered on March 28th has not yet arrived. I emailed the company with a copy of the PayPal payment email (I never received a confirmation email directly from the company). They wrote back "Of course! This
carrier is right on schedule to be shipped this week. Kimber wants me
to tell you that she loves what you chose and thinks the colors are
beautiful. She would love a pic when you receive it and she hopes you
enjoy it.Thank you Ginny Customer Service". THIS WEEK! I wrote back a polite email saying how relieved I was that it was not lost in the mail. But GEESH!!!! WTHeck? I am getting flashbacks to the story of the Little Red Hen. First we need to plant the wheat. Then we need to reap the wheat. Then we need to grind the wheat. Then we need to bake the bread. What exactly is taking SO long when the website stated that the carrier I ordered was in stock?????? BTW I am referring to a Mei Tai type carrier called Ball Baby Overalls in a floral print.

Additionally, I have already lost the usual pound of weight that I normally lose during Passover. I don't really like the food. It is plain and I can only eat so much of it. And Passover is not "over" until Sunday night at 8:11pm Pacific daylight time. Ugh! Somebody give me intravenous pretzels PLEASE???????

No comments:

Post a Comment