Monday, January 7, 2008

How I *really* feel

A gal made a post today about how she hates being pregnant. For some reason, it was really easy for me to relate to that. Here is what I posted:
I don't enjoy pregnancy either. Terrified the entire first half of pg that something is wrong with the baby. Terrified the entire second half that something will go wrong before the end or during childbirth. Incredibly uncomfortable in the third trimester. Horrible reflux/scalding stomach acid. Huge baby wedged up under my ribcage. Gigantic bowling ball pressing down on my bladder with every step I take. Can't bend over to pick up after my other kids. Can hardly lay down with them to read bedtime stories. Can't walk without my pelvis cracking and pain in my hips/sacroiliac joints. Culminating with #@%^&! childbirth.

My baby is finally over 2 months old and I am beginning to feel human again. There *is* a light at the end of the tunnel.


I'm grateful for every one of my healthy, lovely kids. But that doesn't mean I have to enjoy the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment