Sunday, January 6, 2008

School starts tomorrow

I am both looking forward to it and not. I love spending more time with the boys, but it will be nice to get back on schedule too.

I got another good night's sleep last night, 3 days after the prior one. Baby A slept from 9:30pm to 4:30am and then to 7:30. I slept full-on until 7:30am and I feel like a million bucks. I continue to organize around here, although I have a full time wrecking crew right behind me, as you can imagine, with all 5 boys here this weekend. But I persevere. And I have been much more strict lately about making them clean up after themselves, and making the older boys do chores. Even though it takes longer to supervise them performing these tasks, eventually I will be able to relinquish some of my responsibilities and delegate. The 17-y-o is sick this weekend so he gets a pass. My 8-y-o and I just got through making the 17-y-o's favorite dish for lunch. He is upstairs, so we will surprise him with it. It is an old recipe from my mom, called Seven Seas Casserole, a tuna casserole made with minute rice, peas and cheddar. I had to modify the recipe to make it kosher, so I can't use the Campbell's soup for the sauce base, but I found an acceptable kosher equivalent in mushroom soup instead of Cream of Celery. It is still only 11:30, but the baby fell asleep in the swing during my shower, so I rushed around the house like a crazy woman doing dishes and cooking before he wakes up, as his long naps are few and far between. I'm not complaining, though; he has been sleeping so well an night.

I will meet up with my new OC Babywearer's group IRL for the first time. I connected with them through the babywearing website and I am going to get to try on a bunch of new carrier styles and wrap methods. I'll report back later how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment