Thursday, March 26, 2009

I am not a size 2


And yet, today I am wearing size 2 pants. Why? Because some clothing manufacturers are mis-labeling clothes. This is a salesmanship tool, and I don't appreciate it. I don't need them to fool me into thinking I am suddenly much thinner than I am, just so I can buy their clothes and brag about how "small" I am.

To prove this point I took my measurements. My hip measurement is 36". This is *not* a size 2. According to a reliable catalog website, 36" is the largest that can fit into a size 4, and 36.5" would require a size 6. So if the pants shrink, such as jeans, I would tend to wear a size 6, which is the case. And when clothes do not shrink, such as dry-cleanables, I tend to wear a size 4. I do not wear a size 2 (except today). I tried on the size 4, but those were falling off of my hips and I hate spending the day hitching up my pants, especially pants without belt loops.

Before all this happened, I was already satisfied with my body-image situation. I weighed in last week 0.5 pounds under my non-breastfeeding goal weight. Which means I am free to indulge in treats and fun stuff. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment