Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sunshine


"Sunshine is the greatest disinfectant." I love that saying by Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis. True in so many ways.

If there is evil in the world, let the sun shine on it. Publicize.

But what got me thinking this morning was the more literal translation. How do we keep our kids from getting sick every 2 seconds. As the cold and flu season approaches, there is one easy thing we can do.

One thing I always do is take a shopping cart from a sunny area. Usually one sitting warm out in the parking lot. This way I know that the warm surfaces are more clean of viruses/germs.

Another thing I do is to take my kids to outdoor parks instead of indoor play-places. Just the simple sun shining on the toys/slides makes the entire experience much cleaner.

And those are my sun-shiny thoughts this morning. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment