Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Party and Surgery Updates

Sunday was J's 4th birthday party. We ordered the requisite bouncer/slide apparatus and it fit well into the back yard of our rental house. The whole rental house/rental furniture/rental housewares situation made it a fun adventure and some folks showed up that we had not seen in a long time. The party was great. All 20 bags of party favors disappeared (my boys got one too), and 40 of the sixty cupcakes were eaten. The other 20 I sent to J's school the next day. Can't have those delicious, fudgy things sitting around the house for too long. They'd get stale.

The week leading up to the party I was getting over a cold. So I kept wondering if the doctor would cancel my nose surgery on Tuesday (yesterday). Nope. Turns out, unless you have a fever or something awful going on, it's full steam ahead. I wanted it done, anyway. Darn it, I want to be able to breathe through my left nostril again. I haven't really been able to do so since I had a sinus infection in my early 20s, and it's about time.

The surgery went well. I had to sleep sitting up on the couch, which was a challenge, but tonight I get to lie down again. Food is still tough, because my throat is sore from being entubated by the anesthesiologist. My nose is still drippy, but at least it is not frank red blood anymore, more like reddish fluid. My nose is completely clogged on both sides now from the swelling, but the doctor's office says that is normal. The official procedure was septoplasty and bilateral inferior turbinatectomy. I'll let you know how things shape up.

No comments:

Post a Comment