Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reprieve

I called to check on Aunt M this morning and got some good news. Whatever blockage there was got un-kinked, and her system is moving again. Yay! And she is 88 pounds, not 80. I hope she is able to maximize her caloric intake now and can gain weight, to be better able to face the next crisis. Suddenly my hope is back that she will be alive in mid-February, when I and my entire family (without the teenagers) will travel there to meet her. Even my husband. I purchased these tickets a couple of months back. There is a bat mitzvah happening with a niece from my husband's side of the family about 2 hours away on Saturday, and then we will spend Sunday with Aunt M and my cousins. Won't it be great if Aunt M can meet my husband and older kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment