Saturday, February 17, 2007

Keeping busy

I'm trying to keep things busy over here. I need to keep my mind off of you-know-what. To that end, I'm going strong as Team Mom for my 7-y-o's Little League Coach Pitch team. I ordered the team banner this week. He looks SO cute in his little uniform and games start in March. I'm giving him time off from after-school tutoring at Score! in order to make time for the practices. It's working fine and he is doing well in school.

I'm working on Tuesday and Thursday mornings in the office, doing medical reports/paperwork for my DH's medical practice. I have been finding that there are some things that were allowed to slide over my extended maternity leave. The large silk plants in the reception area hadn't been dusted in years. And ditto for under the desks and such. Unacceptable. The cleaning crew is going to be replaced. I'm also hanging new pictures on the walls and clearing out the boxes of archives that have collected in odd places. Things that nobody else wants to take responsibility for.

I'm sticking to my exercise schedule 3 or 4 times per week. Either a long walk up and down hills pushing Joseph or a half-hour on the Stairmaster.

I'm going to services more often at the Synagogue. My attendance had slipped lately. I think my faith has slipped. I know I have been blessed with 5 healthy children and it is silly to lose sight of that. But loss after loss is so depressing, it is also easier to blame and to hold anger than to meekly accept a knife in the heart month after month. On the other hand, I know it is good for the kids to go there. Good socially and spiritually. So I need to forget my own problems and put the kids first. And hopefully by doing so I can come up out of my sadness a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment