Friday, March 23, 2007

Hedy and Yumi, Relationship Builders



Last weekend's trip. It worked out much better than I had hoped it could. These folks teach communication on a deep level, in a way that anybody can do it. It is very energizing to a relationship. My husband and I plan to go again. It turns out that this couple, Hedy and Yumi travel the world giving workshops. They teach the marriage counselors how to counsel couples. They teach occasionally on the west coast of the US, some in Florida, in Europe, Austria, Israel, Denmark, and South Africa. And their techniques are simple enough that most couples can continue with the work afterwards. Here is their website:
http://www.hedyyumi.org/index.php

I think most couples can benefit from this. I mean, in my many years of watching married couples, and after 3 marriages myself, I feel that in addition to a 50% divorce rate in the United States, that very few of the marriages that stay together are TRULY happy. He he. I remembered a cartoon that they showed at the seminar. There was a couple going down the aisle at their wedding. The husband had turned and was saying to a bridesmaid, "My wife doesn't understand me". It doesn't have to be like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment