Tuesday, March 20, 2007

How about another pic?


Here is another pic of a test I ran yesterday. I need it because this is the test that I will be using for comparison for next Monday's test.

My plan is to call the doc when I reach 7 weeks as long as my hpts are still dark and not getting lighter again. I have several reasons for not calling the doctor's office right now. First off, I'm still FURIOUS about what happened to my pregnancy in October. The reproductive endocrinologist told me to stop abruptly taking prednisone, Lovenox and estradiol at 4.5 weeks, which I did. Then two days later he said to go ahead and start taking the Lovenox again. By that time it was too late. I had bad night sweats starting immediately after I stopped the Lovenox. I feel that my body, specifically the anti phospholipid antibodies, attacked the placenta/baby those two days and halted the growth. After that, all the Lovenox in the world could not save the baby. Second, once you get in the doctor's field of view, you are forced to acquiesce to all of their requirements. Submit to three blood tests per week, one ultrasound per week, etc, even though the ultrasounds are not diagnostic until the 7th to 9th week. So why do I need blood tests to tell me about doubling when babies have survived all extremes of numbers? And why do I need 6 useless ultrasounds before I get the diagnostic one? And why would I want to expose delicate growing tissues to 6 useless ultrasounds? One gal suggested that if I didn't want to go through the "beta hell" stage of all this, I could at least get the doc to run my progesterone and estradiol. That is impossible. No doctor would treat me under those circumstances. If I refused betas and ultrasounds, they would boot me out as an uncooperative patient. The only way I could get those tests run would be to sign up for the full 9 yards, which I refuse to do. Also, the RE would be upset to hear that I am taking the estradiol. He is against that. He also feels the pio shots are useless, but harmless so whatever. He also feels that the Lovenox, even though his OWN blood tests showed I have elevated APAs in the IgM category, is useless. I think it would have to be IgG to get his attention. I asked why IgG is so much better at attacking babies than IgM, and he couldn't answer me. He said I was on the border about that and he would prescribe Lovenox if I "wanted it". Ugh!

So for these reasons and for the fact that I felt he was pretty damned cold about my losses, I want to delay my phone call significantly. I will get the ultrasound that I want when I want it. And I will not allow him or his bitchy staff to upset me at so delicate a stage in my pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment