Monday, August 13, 2007

computer problems



I have abandoned my computer. I think I caught a viru$, and I don't want to risk emailing from there and infecting my friends.

I'm now on the downstairs computer (much nicer and faster) without all my links and pictures. I need to load my pictures off the old computer onto a device that has a lot of memory. I don't want to lose them. There is about 6gigs worth of pictures on there. And some other financial data. Once that is done, the entire computer can be erased. We'll probably reload the startup software and then put it into the kids' room. Their computer is an old dinosaur, and needs to be updated anyway.

So that in addition to the fact that there are 3 teenagers staying here for these 4 nights mean that I am a very busy lady. The teens turned out to be 3 very polite boys from New York. They are tennis players. I hope they do well. Listen to me. I barely know these kids, and already I'm feeling competitive on their behalf. ;-)

Last night was the opening ceremonies for the Maccabi games. It was nice. There was a famous violinist, Miri Ben Ari, who I enjoyed. And also the Laker Girls. And there was a nice presentation about the 11 Israeli athletes who were murdered by arab terrorists at the 1972 Munich Olympic games. There was a very touching photograph of one of the athletes holding his infant daughter before he left home. And then the lady who was talking says "I am that baby." It brought tears to my eyes. I found a tiny picture on the web that is the same as the one they showed at the slideshow. The father's name was Andre Spitzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment