Friday, August 3, 2007

More thoughts

I asked my doc at the visit what was coming up after the blood tests were completed. Since I had just faxed him the list of my fasting blood sugars for the past 2 months, he was pleased, and agreed that I could skip the glucose sugar/water testing. So the next thing will be the Beta-Strep culture at 35 weeks. He said, "you're cruising". That made me smile. I have waited for SO long to get to the point in my pregnancy where I could feel like I was cruising and not stressing.

I got the information packet today on the athletes that will be staying here the week after next. There is a thing happening in Orange County, CA this year called the Maccabi Games, which is in essence a type of Jewish Olympics for high school kids. We will be hosting 3 athletes, boys, in our home. They are 13/14-y-o tennis players from New York. It will only be for 4 nights, so hopefully I'll survive the extra driving/cooking/dishes. And they will be gone all day long, so I will drop them off at their venue in the morning and get them at night around 9pm. Host Family Night is the one night we will have the opportunity to entertain them, and the other host families in my town have already invited us to a block party/pool party, so that is all arranged. DD is a bit put out by having to give up her room to the boys (she has a huge double-sized bedroom all to herself). But hopefully this will be a character-building experience for her. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment