Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Potty training

I didn't choose this time. Joseph did (I sound like his big brother, whatever goes wrong, Joseph did it!) We were coming out of the pool 3 days ago, and Joseph asked to go potty. I figured what harm would it do to sit him on there, and he actually tinkled. 80. I got so excited that the next morning I dressed him in only a shirt, and over the course of the day he went potty about 10 times. The next day he went 0 times. The day after that he went about 8 times. Today he has gone twice so far, but we have been running errands, and that makes it difficult, because clothes confuse him. He thinks he still has a diaper on and is totally surprised when his pants become wet. So progress. I can't believe my little baby boy is on his way to being potty trained. It will be good to get through this stage, which is the most labor-intensive part of potty training, before the baby comes. For the next month, I anticipate bringing the potty in the minivan with us when we go on errands, and reminding him to use it every half hour. I can't wait until he will get to the point where he will be wearing clothes and telling me when he needs to go. All in time, I guess. Patience. Patience. Keep repeating that....

No comments:

Post a Comment