Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm a new woman

I forgot what my personality was like before I got pregnant. I don't do well with pregnancy hormones. The high levels of progesterone make me anxious and snappish, like a bad case of pms for 9 months. It is very hard to be nice around the house to my family during that time, especially at the end of pregnancy when walking around the house becomes a chore, much less bending over to pick up after everybody.

But now everything is better. I have so much more patience. When ds asks me questions, it is so much easier to respond kindly and even to suggest ways he can "help" me in the kitchen, etc, even if his help means things take a bit longer. It is good for him and for the family. Maybe it is a mixture of lower hormones and higher prolactin. I'm a super-mothering machine. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment