Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Have a great weekend

I won't be here. I'm leaving bright and early Friday morning for Chicago and won't be back in town until Monday afternoon. Did you know I was born in Chicago? Quite some time ago, really. When I was in elementary school my parents moved us to Northern California. Then I came to Southern California for college. UCLA, to be exact. The same school where my daughter goes now. I'll be staying with my aunt over there and my uncle, who has suffered a series of strokes. This couple has been such a large part of my upbringing and they are beloved by me. I can't wait to see them. And my cousins. This is going to be great! I'm taking my dd along, and also the baby and ds-9. My husband will have to hold down the fort here with the 3 and 4-y-o. I scheduled our gal to work this weekend so he won't be overwhelmed. This will be a guilt-free holiday for me. Yahoo!

Hey, remember this saying? Here is a twist on an Ancient Chinese Proverb.

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with. If it just sits in your room, messes up your stuff, eats your food, uses your phone, takes your money, and never behaves as if you actually set it free in the first place, you either married it or gave birth to it. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment