Saturday, May 31, 2008

Vinegar is GREAT!



Is it me, or is that glass on the left much dirtier/cloudy? Look toward the top of the glass. I was at home depot last week asking where I could find the dishwasher cleaner (to get rid of hard water deposits) when the appliance man took me aside and whispered that I didn't want to buy those expensive tablets. All I needed to do was put 1/3 of a cup of vinegar into the bottom of the dishwasher before starting it up and that would take care of my hard water problem. As I thought about it, and about the small bottle of vinegar in my cupboard, I thought I would be needing a lot of bottles of vinegar if I wanted to keep my dishes/glasses/flatware clean, as the water in this area is VERY HARD.

So I went to Costco (the local warehouse store) and found this HUGE bottle of vinegar for $2.99. I tried it in the dishwasher and things are coming out SO clean. "Squeaky clean" to quote my grandmother, who told me to use vinegar for cleaning oh-so-many years ago. Funny how we come full circle and it takes so long to really understand the Wisdom of Our Fathers (Mothers).


And while I was taking the pictures I saw this pic in the camera from the trip. I didn't use my camera at all in Chicago. I exclusively used the camcorder and got lots of video, which I need to burn to DVD. In this picture, DS had offered to hold Baby A while I used the restroom. They were so cute when I got back that my seat-mate offered to take a picture of all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment