Sunday, July 20, 2008

No more Flash Cards!




I hated multiplication tables as a child and I hate them today. I learned them. But it was one of the memorably awful experiences of my childhood education. And it has been a particularly unpleasant challenge for my son, who has a learning disability that makes it even tougher.

A friend of mine told me that her daughter really loves doing this new computer game that teaches the multiplication facts called Timez Attack. I checked it out and it is a ton of fun. All you do is a Google search for Times Attack and you can download the free version of the software. The free version will take you all the way from 2x2 up to 12x12. If you want more bells and whistles, you can order the full version, which has you battling Ogres in a dungeon, dragons in a lava cave, and robots in a machine world. The battles consist of the child answering multiplication questions to conquer the opponent. It is addictive. Today my son asked me to play it. And tonight we don't have to do math flash cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment