Friday, July 25, 2008

Paper Photo Albums

I decided to start the long-procrastinated task of assembling the family photo album yesterday. What shocked me was how easy and cheap it was. Remember the old days when all our pictures had to be sent to the photo place and we paid $8 for the whole roll but only got maybe 4 good pictures? Those days are GONE! And I thought things were better with digital pictures, but I became disappointed with the ink jet photo prints. Sticky, runny pictures that didn't look right.

My good friend and neighbor, L, came to the rescue again. She told me she emails her pictures to Costco or Walmart for prints. I went onto the Costco website and decided to do a set of test pictures. I got 25 free prints for just signing up. And I uploaded 60 pics to print, which, going from the present back in time took me to around January 2007. I dug up a blank photo album and put the pictures in from back to front. Then last night I sent another 80-something pictures for printing, bringing me back to last Fall/Summer. And that emptied out the downstairs computer, which has been acting a little funny lately. I was concerned about losing my pictures, but now I feel a whole lot better. If something goes wrong down there I have all the best pictures printed in the album and stored on the Costco website.

Oh, and did I mention the price? The 60 pictures from yesterday, at 17 cents per print, came out to around $10, a little over $5 with the discount. I'm SO excited to be paying what I used to pay for one roll, getting our best pictures printed spanning months and months. Now the little boys are able to leaf through the pictures and see themselves and their family. I was beginning to think my blog was the only collection of photos I was going to have. Now I plan on keeping this up until I get all the way back to the year 2000 when I got my first digital camera. Then I will dig through the pile of old photos from before that and put them into albums until it is all DONE. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment