Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My bloggy girl

There is a new blog link on the left down there. The one titled "my daughter" will take you to my daughter's new travel blog. It will be fun to read about her overseas adventures. Hopefully being able to read her blog and chat with her on Skype will keep me from going though too much pain from missing her.

I know that when I was a foreign exchange student to Sweden, one of the most painful parts was that I was almost completely cut off from my family. There were one or 2 phone calls to/from my mother the whole time I was there. Cut off from my family and my culture. I was about 16 years old. I remember watching {edit: on television} the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana over there.


And watching {on TV} John McEnroe beat Bjorn Borg in tennis.


The family was awesome. They taught me how to windsurf. It turns out that the COLD water of Sweden makes a great incentive to stay up on the board ;-) Here is a picture (not mine) that shows Lake Malaren just as I remember it.


But I digress. My daughter is older and way better prepared for this. She is going with a gal from UCLA, and will be attending classes through some type of UCLA extension arrangement. I hope she finds her blog a nice way to keep a picture-journal of her travels for the delight of her friends and relatives, as well as herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment