Thursday, April 26, 2007

A couple of stories

Yesterday was a bad day for food. I was SO hungry. Then everytime I went into the kitchen, there was a horrible smell. I couldn't eat, it was SO nauseating. I had made fish the night before, and so I took out the trash, but the smell lingered. I kept sniffing around and had it narrowed down to one corner of the kitchen, but I couldn't figure it out. It was like something had died. So later my husband came home, walked into the kitchen, and made a face. What smells bad? We looked around some more and couldn't figure it out. Then a few minutes later, I thought about the bag of potatoes that was sitting in the basket on the counter with the onions and bananas. Sure enough, there were a couple of BAD potatoes! EEEEEK!!!! Unfortunately, this was not until after dinnertime, so I really spent all day with this nausea problem. I weighed myself this morning and it turns out that I am 1/2 pound up from where I was at 4 weeks pg. I had been 1 pound up, so I lost back the other 1/2 pound. Whatever. The little bub is growing fine. And I should end the first trimester at what I wanted which was gaining between 1 and 4 pounds. That way I can gain lots of weight in the second and third trimesters. Wahoo!

I finally decided to tackle the problem of my filled sharps container. I have 2 very large sharps containers for my used syringes. I asked my husband about taking them to work, since that is where he got them for me, and he asked won't I be embarrassed??? I said NO! We are trying to have a baby and that is NOTHING to be embarrassed about. No, I'm not embarrassed in the least! The coworkers know we are trying anyway, so it will be no shock to them if I turn in a huge container full of used syringes. Then he asked if I was going to walk through the parking lot with it? No. I had planned on putting it into a large paper bag, which is what I did today. I then asked the office manager to meet me in my room and told her that I needed a new one. She totally understood. She is the sweetest person in the world. I felt a little bad, though, because she has infertility. No kids. Then she asked how things were going and I went ahead and told her that I was 9 weeks along, but that I wasn't going to get excited until after the amnio at my age. She said that she thought that I might be pg a couple of weeks ago, but she didn't want to ask, knowing it has been a hard year for us. I felt so bad for her telling her today, but she has gone through this with us before, and we have to face it sometime. Gosh, I hope she and her DH can have a baby someday. She is younger than me. I will never ask, though. I know that she broke up with her first husband after their failed IVF. It really destroyed their marriage. So I keep to myself and hope that there is happy news someday. The whole crew and I went out to lunch today for mexican food. It was fun. I got to drive everybody in my new minivan. That was myself and 4 coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment