Tuesday, April 17, 2007

More stress and confusion

Here's what I found out today. My RE wanted me to get the CVS, so I called his guy, Dr. Porto in Orange. He apparently does a lot of CVS tests, and even did the wife of my obstetrician. I wonder why my OB sent me to someone else, when Dr. Porto was good enough for his wife? So my big question when Dr. Porto called me this afternoon was will the Lovenox and baby aspirin cause a problem with the CVS procedure. He says that the Lovenox is a problem, and I would need to stop it 36 hours before the procedure, and not restart it until 24 hours after. The baby aspirin is not a problem. I discussed with him the fact that I have positive tests for IgM antibodies. He told me that maybe it would be best if we did a full consultation, so that he could look over all of my labwork and decide if it is OK to stop Lovenox at 11 weeks or if it would be better to go with a nuchal test and bloodwork, then decide if it might be better to wait for an amnio. The amnio is done later, so I could go longer on the Lovenox without stopping. Sigh. Then the lady in his office calls me back and says we are out of network, and the consult would cost $1100 cash (out of network deductible) and the procedures would be covered at 50%, such as the $1600 CVS would cost me $800 cash. I wonder what DH will say. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment