Friday, June 15, 2007

Both teenagers are employed!

I am finally home after driving for hours to fetch my 16-y-o from his dad's house and take him to the hiring event at Knott's Berry Farm. He got hired as a game booth operator. He would need to be 18 to be a ride operator.

Yesterday DD got hired by Knott's as a restaurant hostess. She asked to be put into food service because she want to learn how to be a waitress, so when she is at UCLA she can work as a waitress and make lots of money on tips. I think that is a good plan.

So there will be some driving involved for me this summer because they don't have a car of their own, but I think it will be effort well spent. I believe that having a job and learing how to keep a job is an important step for teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment