Friday, June 29, 2007

Proud momma moment

You should have seen my 4-y-o at his swim class today. He swam 15 feet independently. I was completely amazed. Just 2 weeks ago he was shrieking and clinging to the kickboard for dear life. This private swim school does great work. Next week the youngest is starting a series of classes as well. He hates to get his face under water, but it's for his own safety. He needs to learn.

My 16-y-o son completed a couple of days of training at Knotts. Some of the things he told me were interesting. He learned that there will be 2 cameras pointing at his game booth at all times. I guess he better watch his little habits, eh? He will need to keep watch on all sides of the booth at all times so folks don't walk off with the merchandise. They also told him that somebody got fired for eating something as small as a Tootsie Roll Midgie. He was also taught how to recognize phony currency. Like how some folks wash off a 1 dollar bill and reprint it as a 20, so my son will have to look and see if the face in the watermark matches the face on the bill. I would never have thought of that. It's really neat that he is getting this training from them. I mean, parents can tell their kids what they need to do to get and keep a job, but him hearing it from the men at Knotts leaves so much more of a lasting impression. And yes, eating a tootsie roll that doesn't belong to you is stealing, which is a firing offense. If he wants a tootsie roll, he needs to buy it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment