Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Random updates

I get questions and I apologize for not answering them in a timely manner. I'll try to answer them here.

How are the kids reacting to news of our baby-boy-to-be? The 2 littlest ones don't really understand. My 4-y-o is convinced that he is growing a baby boy in his tummy. He is so cute. He has even taken to carrying around the doll that DH bought for him when Joseph was born 2.5 years ago. He takes good care of his "baby" and makes him look both ways when we cross the street. :D

DS-age 8 is thrilled. He was asking and asking for another boy and he got one!

DS-16 is a little perturbed that I keep cranking out kids. No matter the gender.

DD-(almost 19) was hoping for a girl. She had told me in the past that she didn't want to be dethroned as my only girl child, but I think she matured beyond that. I was touched by her desire to see me raise another girl and happy that she reached a point where she was thinking along those lines. We both had a good laugh to hear that it was another adorable boy. We love boys!

How are the summer activities/jobs going for the kids?

DD is gone this week to Chicago, then she will start her job orientation at Knotts I think July 3rd. DS is at his first orientation/training today. He will have one or 2 more sessions this week, then I think his first 6-hour day will be Saturday.

DS-8 and 4 are taking swim classes these first 2 weeks of summer. Then DS-8 will go to 3 weeks of full-service day camp. He loves this camp. They have very elaborate field trips to all of the fun local attractions twice per week, with daily swimming in a heated pool and a rock climbing wall. Then the 3 weeks after that he spends with his father.

DS-4 will begin a new preschool session a few hours per day 3 days per week, and take private swim lessons on the off days.

Little Joseph, 2.5, will join DS at the private swim class in July. Joseph didn't like the one trial class he had in June, but DH and I think that he needs to get water safe, with all the older siblings running around and on the off chance that somebody leaves the pool gate open. He also starts Mommy and Me once per week for 1 hour.

So I continue to work 2 mornings per week, and try my best to juggle the kids' schedules around my own. I'm so happy about the older 2 having jobs and I don't even mind all the driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment