Monday, September 17, 2007

A belly pic and random updates



Here is my belly at 30 weeks. I barely fit into this dress, which is really a nursing dress. But with my wardrobe dwindling quickly, I need to squeeze into all the random clothes I can. Only 2 more months (or so) and I'll have a lot of my wardrobe back again. Or at least the pieces that are amenable to nursing an infant.

I'm feeling mostly good. I had a little tummy upset a couple of days ago. Not fun when the intestines are cramping and the little one is kicking right into the spot. 8O Otherwise I have not reached the completely miserable stage yet. I am able to bend over to pick up toys off the floor, but I prefer to make the boys do it as good training for them. I can still run errands, but if I overdo it I tend to get a lot of contractions afterwards. I'm not too worried about the contractions. Of course I'll run to the hospital to get checked if they come too close together, but the painless contrax prior to 38 weeks never led to anything with me in the past 5 pgs. I refer to it as my "cast iron cervix". Never birth a baby before it's time. :-D

I'm not looking forward to labor and delivery. I can handle most of it, except the the last 30 minutes. Eeeeeek! That is the point that I lose control and decide to run away. But there's no place to go. :-(

Potty training is going well finally. The youngest has graduated to level 3 potty training. Level 1 is the potty in the living room and he is undressed from the waist down. That lasted for 2 weeks. Level 2 was wearing loose pants with no underwear (underwear makes him think it is a diaper). Level 3 is wearing loose pants with no underwear and moving the potty into the bathroom. The next step will be levels 4 and 5, transitioning into underwear under his pants and then learning how to use the grownup toilet. But I really am content to take things slowly at this point. No rush. I am no longer perspiring and chasing after him. He rarely has accidents. He runs to the potty and handles things himself when he has to go. He only wears 2 diapers/pullups per day now, at nap and bedtime. And he went poo poo in the potty a couple of times last week, which is a big step for a boy his age.

No comments:

Post a Comment