Friday, September 7, 2007

DD is off and away

I know it is the natural way of things. Teenagers' relationships with their parents grow in friction until they feel driven by a need to move out of the house. I don't know why I hoped to be spared this little ritual. But I swear it was tough having my dd here all summer. Most times when I would say something to her she rolled her eyes. I could site a laundry list of further transgressions, but you parents of teens probably already know the story.

So she wanted me to meet her dad today with all her stuff in the car. He wasn't available at a convenient time for me, so we set the rendezvous for Thursday evening (last night). DD said that was fine, but she figured I'd want to spend one more day with her. Ya. I really want to spend ONE MORE DAY with a sullen, moody, hermit who only emerges from their inner sanctum (bedroom) to eat all my popsicles. So I got a babysitter to come over and watch the boys because we had to remove all the seats from the van to get all her stuff loaded in.

She is moving into an apartment with 10 other kids. And is sharing her bedroom with 2 other girls (5 bedroom apartment). I wish them luck. She had a hard time here having a room to herself. I hope she learns a lot of politeness in the next few days or it's going to be interesting over there....

No comments:

Post a Comment