Sunday, September 23, 2007

Making progress

I feel like my life is revolving around the countdown for baby. 9 more weeks and counting. The potty training is going well. We have made it to level 4. He is wearing Fruit of the Looms under his pants now. He is still afraid of the big potty, but I just located the padded toilet seat insert from the garage that he can use to sit on the big potty. Hopefully he will find it cute and want to try it out. I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing. We went to the park today, and I brought the potty in the car. I was pretty sure he would have an accident during play, though, which he did. He was wearing corduroy pants which were very absorbent. His socks didn't even get wet. He looked so shocked and walked bow-legged all the way to the car. I think it might have been a "learning experience". :-)

I also went through all the older boy clothes and divided them by sizes and donated a bunch of stuff that was not to my liking. For example, all the "camp" t-shirts that nobody wants to wear anymore. And the wide-waisted pants that never fit anybody until the legs were too short. None of my boys were husky like that. I had to look for the clothes because I knew there was a bunch of size 5 stuff that DS needed, and if I didn't dig it out, he was basically out of clothes. I found the mother lode, and now he has tons of pants, shirts and sleep wear. Yay!

The sock drawer was out of control, too. Does anybody want a bunch of cheap, never-used socks that cut off the child's circulation around the ankle? Me neither! :-D I tossed those.

I also found the boxes of baby clothes. I will have to go through them another day. I'll have somebody move them upstairs so I can do it slowly, then launder them. I know there are about 4 preemie-sized outfits that work on newborn babies. I like them in those for the first week or 2, otherwise they are swimming in the 0-3 months size.

No comments:

Post a Comment