Monday, October 15, 2007

Science Center Day

We had a blast at the Science Center in Los Angeles yesterday. My oldest DS turned 17 last Monday, and this is where he wanted to go. We baked cupcakes, got the gang together, and headed out. I asked DH to take care of the youngest, because I didn't want to worry about him running away in the crowd, and we were going to watch an IMAX film. We ended up watching one about Dinosaurs in 3D. I have some pictures from the science center, and a couple from DD's college apartment too. It was the first time I had been there. I had driven by in the past, but I couldn't help her move in because of my condition, and I have been avoiding long drives, too. She says she is OK there for now, but she looks forward to finding a place next year with fewer roommates (there are 10 there now counting her).

Here is the birthday boy (17) on the high wire bicycle:






















Little brother (8) was also barely tall enough to ride the bicycle. He had been turned down based on height last time, so he was really happy this time.


The kids loved playing blue-screen volleyball. It is where your body shows up on a computer screen and you wave your arms around to "hit" the ball over the net. All the kids are mine except the kid in the tan t-shirt.


Here is DD's top bunk bed in her apartment. She made and hung those curtains behind her and bought and hung the little shelf on the left all by herself with the tools we bought last summer.


Here is DS (4) climbing onto the bunk:

No comments:

Post a Comment