Monday, October 22, 2007

Too much wind!

Here are some pictures I took this morning, all within a mile of my house.

This giant pine tree fell half into the tennis court of a local park.


Here is another downed tree in the same park.




















I will have to call the electrician after the winds die down. I wondered why the light never came on last night.


Pretty dramatic walk to the bus stop with DS this morning.


Another local tree.














I noticed the neighbor did not trim their tree this year.















I can't comment directly on the wildfires ravaging the southern California area because thankfully there is no fire currently burning in my area. The smell of smoke is strong, though, and the sunlight has turned an amber color. I would like to send my wishes for everybody affected by the fires that their houses and family and friends and the brave firefighters all stay safe. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment