Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Feeling better today

My whole family is all better now. Yay! That was an un-fun flu, but it was over in about 24 hours. And baby A never got it, that I could detect. Score another one for MOMMA'S MILK! I keep explaining to people that breast milk offers some protection for babies against the common cold and other illnesses, but when it comes to gastrointestinal illness, the protection is incomparable. It makes sense. When momma becomes sick, she cranks out antibodies. One special type of antibody, secretory IgA, is secreted into the breast milk. So not only is baby's intestinal tract bathed in protective antibodies, but there are actual living cells, white blood cells called Macrophages, crawling around in there engulfing bad stuff. So warm, fresh breast milk is a living fluid.

My new lady, Miss I, is super nice. I have taken the slow road with her training so as not to scare her off. And she has worked with children at schools in the past and already has a negative ppd test for tuberculosis. She is younger and unmarried, and she has lots of energy to attack areas of my house that the other gal never went near. So we have been doing a lot of heavy cleaning projects. And she also helped me to switch all the boys' beds and clothes to different rooms because we moved the oldest 2 boys downstairs to my dd's former room. So J and A, the 3 and 4-y-o boys will share a room and baby A will have his own room.

I got a nice compliment at the synagogue this weekend. A lady came up to me and said that her 16-y-o daughter had just told her that she plans on getting a baby sling for her baby after seeing me with baby A. See how we influence people by our actions?

No comments:

Post a Comment