Sunday, November 30, 2008

College Application Time Again


Did you know that today, or rather tonight, is the deadline for college applications for the University of California system? My oldest boy, the 18-y-o high school senior, spent a few days with me this weekend. He had not completed his 2 essays yet, and they were due tonight. I helped him. I told him that the reason for most cases of writer's block was that people are afraid to write cr@p. I told him to go ahead and write cr@p, and I would help him fix it. He already had his topics worked out and got to work writing away. He wrote and wrote and came up with about 750 words per each essay. I cut out the repetitive parts and got it down to just under 500 words each, which is what was required. He is transmitting the application, along with the two essays, to the UC system and we will see which of the 6 universities he gets into. I will be sitting on pins and needles until spring, just like I did with my daughter 3 years ago. Wish him luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment