Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Men Working

I have to say I am so impressed with what I have been reading lately on the blogs. If you haven't seen these posts already, I want to share them. Julia at Sometimes Lucid wrote another amazing post, this time about the Holocaust. You know this is a topic near and dear to my heart. It is a description of some of the events of Kristallnacht, which I wrote about previously in my post on Holocaust Remembrance Day. Julia's post is a forwarded email from the Simon Wiesenthal Center and is very very profound.

Another great pro-life blog post was written by Cassandra-Ann, about Down-Syndrome babies and abortion. This is a personal story about a family she knows and their experience having not one but two DS pregnancies in a row.

My own topic for discussion today is about street resurfacing. This was the first inkling I had that something was going to be happening on my street:

I had to park my minivan outside last night. I can't tell you how relieved I was to find my car still there this morning. I am petrified about parking my car on the street overnight ever since my car was stolen out of my driveway back in 1997. Yes, I live in a good neighborhood. But isn't that where the car thieves go shopping when they want a car? Thankfully, it is still there and I will park it in the garage tonight.

As I walked my son to the school bus this morning, I saw that all of the cars were moved off the street except one. There was a green Jeep Wrangler parked on the street in front of a neighbor's house who I sort of know. This lady used to work at the school's front desk, and she is in the process of moving, and her kids are supposedly living at the house. So when her car was still in the street 1 hour after the moving deadline, I called the school to see if they could reach her and let her know the car was about to be towed. I hope they were able to get to her on time.

The boys are very excited about all of this activity. They love big machines and men who do big, important work.


No comments:

Post a Comment