Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not much time

On this picture, you can see the attic vent on the left side of this house that allowed the burning embers from the fire to infiltrate the attic. If you live in a fire zone, make sure the vents don't face the oncoming wind.


And here is the helicopter as it made one of the 3 water drops on my house.

My big family is shoe-horned into 2 rooms at a small hotel. Blah. Our insurance company will be getting us a bigger house soon, I hope. We may be out for a month. The smell from the damaged portion of the garage is overpowering. And the baby's room is the worst. The corner of his room is about 6 feet from the burned out hole. We can't put the baby in there to sleep with that smell in there. They are packing up all the stuff in the house for cleaning. And they will send in ServPro. That is the service that comes in and cleans everything to make it nice again. And all new mattresses.

I have been at the house constantly, during the day, interviewing contractors and overseeing work. The pool guy is here now. He pumped out the pool last night. It was a toxic soup of cinders and fire retardant foam. In fact, an 8-y-o neighbor kid fell in the pool the day before yesterday. He and my kids were running around. He walked through the melted portion of the pool fence. The foam on the pool was so thick and bright, he thought it was concrete and stepped onto it. So at least the water is gone now. And the remains of the neighbor's house will be removed starting tomorrow. That will be good, because with all that toxic dust being stirred up, I want that done before the guys clean my house.

There is just so much to do. I'm sorry I don't have more pictures. Here are some more from the neighbor man who took pictures during the fire. I was not here at that time.

I have some pics of the aftermath on my cell phone and camera, but I don't have time to upload them right now. Thank you all for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment