Thursday, May 28, 2009

Reading my local paper...

...gave me some insight into the recent CA voting.

"More than 80 percent of (my town's) voters opposed all four of the propositions dealing with funding; 58 percent voted in favor of the proposition saying elected officials wouldn’t get raises during budget deficit years," according to ocregister.com. You might guess I live in a conservative zone, and you would be right.

Here are web comment printed in the local paper.
"grendelsmom wrote: The failure of these propositions now tears off the civilized veneer of our legislators. Without ample flow of our tax dollars, the dogs, in Sacramento, will be tearing at each others throats for scraps of credibility and revenue.
topviet wrote: This is a lesson for politicians.
ranchhand wrote: Simply stated, It is time for Arnold and his cast to be TERMINATED
yourface wrote: All this debt and they still will not touch the unions.

Any my personal favorite:
alleykat1 wrote: Hmm, I’m as liberal as they come, and I also voted NO on the budget “fixes.” What a joke!" <----a convert?

No comments:

Post a Comment