Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Great Nuchal Results!



The nuchal measurement was 1.4mm. Anything under 2 is great. Anything 4 and over would be bad. This is really good news, because the nuchal test, although just a screening test, is fairly accurate at predicting Downs or Tri 18. There is a bloodwork portion to the testing as well, and I should hear back on that in a week or so.

The baby measured 64mm crown to rump and was wiggling, stretching, kicking and waving all over the place. Very active and cute. The 64mm means the baby is measuring ahead for dates. If it was supposed to be 51mm on Monday, 2 days ago, and should be 71mm on next Monday, 5 days from now, then over halfway there after 2 days is wonderful. Maybe this baby will be tall like papa.

My progesterone test from Monday came back too. That was 50. So a full dose had me at 60, and a half dose has me at 50, I think the placenta is kicking in. I feel safe going down to 1/4 dose now and stopping altogether on Monday. Should be fine and hopefully no cramping or spotting.

The other prenatal panel tests were perfect as well. I don't have HIV, Syphilis, Hep B, Rubella, Gonorrhea, Beta Strep, yeast or gardnerella. My TSH is 1.978, well within normal. My urinalysis was completely normal. My CBC was normal, with the red blood cells at 14.5, a very healthy number as the normal range is 11.3 to 15.5. I guess they didn't run a beta this time. OK.

So I am celebrating. I actually did a Happy Dance in front of the nurses at the hospital in front of my MIL when we went into the other room after the ultrasound. I was dancing around singing "1.4, 1.4, 1.4...." WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment