Monday, May 14, 2007

Thinking of Becky



I was driving back home after getting my progesterone draw this morning, and an ad came on the radio for the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I wasn't really listening closely, but in the back of my mind I heard a voice saying, "how can they make another movie when one of the main people is dead?" Then I focused my attention and realized that all of the main players in the movie are still alive. It is my friend Becky who is dead 11/14/68 - 11/20/06 :-(

For those who didn't know Becky, she was a wonderful lady who lived with her husband George in Colorado, and charted online to get pregnant. I met her when I first began charting online in February 2004. A couple of months later, Becky and George came to Disneyland for a visit (she loved Disney) and I met them in real life. We had lunch at Downtown Disney with my 2 youngest kids at the time. I found out I was pg shortly after that time with my youngest. She and George later conceived their only son, a beautiful baby boy named Jack.

In November 2006 Becky died in her sleep. The autopsy revealed nothing. Extensive blood tests were impossible. No reason is known.

Little things remind me of her. She loved Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean. She loved Disney. She loved Star Trek. She loved life and her husband and her little boy. It is not fair that she is gone so young.

No comments:

Post a Comment