Sunday, June 6, 2010

I Spoke at Today's Anaheim Tea Party, Pic by OC Register

It was so fun to meet the Twitter group again today, at the pre-primary political rally hosted by Rick Amato. I was planning on simply attending. I was surprised when Rick invited the entire Twitter group up onstage, introduced us so graciously and gave us each a turn at the microphone. How very kind. And even more shocking is to look at the O.C. Register story on the tea party and see the picture running with the story has the short moment when I spoke. All I said was, "I believe in the rule of law. We live in a Constitutional Republic, and we need to adhere to the Constitution." And I mentioned my blog and twitter addresses. There were so many more accomplished speakers than I. I really don't deserve this. But it is fun, and my 19-year-old boy was impressed for about 10 seconds.
SONYA SMITH, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
ANAHEIM – About 60 Tea Party activists rallied together Sunday evening to stir up enthusiasm ahead of the Tuesday primary election.
Supporters of the Tea Party movement wore red, silver and blue star necklaces, waved American flags and cheered along speakers in the parking lot of a construction site on La Palma Avenue near Imperial Highway.
A series of speakers lined up for the event that was emceed by conservative radio talk show host, Rick Amato. Speakers included Shari Freidenrich, candidate for Orange County Treasurer; Walter Myers III, a Conservative leader who blogs at scientiamedia.com ; Bill Hunt , candidate for Orange County Sheriff; and Phil Liberatore, candidate for the Republican ballot in the 42nd Congressional District.
In this picture from left to right are @mikepfs (kind of cut off), @briantomkins, @kamaainainoc, @opus_6 (me), the 2 "blondes against Obama", @amatotalk (Rick Amato in front) and @kmhappel. Bill Hunt came over to speak with me right after I got off the stage, and I told him I would vote for him for Sheriff. He said he agreed with me about the rule of law and the Constitution. We need more real conservatives in government. Especially in top law enforcement positions. Then I had to run home quickly, because, as you know, a mother's work is never done. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment