Wednesday, July 14, 2010

La Raza Trying To Get ML Baseball To Move 2011 All-Star Game Out Of AZ

I saw this ad on my Google Adsense in the sidebar of this blog. It said to call Bud Selig's office and urge him to change the location of the 2011 All Star game OUT of Arizona. I promptly called to see if I could urge him to KEEP the game in Arizona. The NCLR phone system did not have that option, so I googled Selig's contact information and called him myself, leaving a message supportive of Arizona. I urge you to do the same.
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball
Allan H. (Bud) Selig, Commissioner
245 Park Avenue, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10167
Phone: (212) 931-7800
Here is what the people at the National Council of La Raza had to say:
Baseball is in danger of losing that reputation. The 2011 Major League Baseball (MLB) All-Star Game is currently scheduled to take place in Arizona, a state where many of the players themselves would be profiled by Arizona’s new anti-immigrant law that essentially sanctions racial profiling and makes Latinos and others suspect based on their skin color or their accents.
Will they ever stop lying to score political points? The AZ law FORBIDS profiling.

Update: Looks like there were protests and counter protests outside of this year's Anaheim, CA All-Star game.

No comments:

Post a Comment