Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Clean Sweep


I found a flyer on my doorstep the other day. It was for Ludwig House Cleaning Service. On the back of the flyer was a handy list of cleaning tasks which got me thinking. Maybe I'll hang onto this so I can better organize my house cleaning activities. Yesterday I ran loads of laundry and dusted/polished furniture and mirrors. Today I did the bathrooms and kitchen (whew!). Tomorrow I vacuum and mop. I'm not sure I will be hiring a new cleaning service now that the other one stopped. I will try my hand and see how it goes. There is a certain pride of accomplishment that comes from looking at a house cleaned by one's own hands.

To generous souls every task is noble.--Euripides

Regular Tasks (performed at each visit)

Bathrooms:
Basin, tubs, showers and shower doors
Vanity tops
Toilets
Mirrors
Floors
Fixtures

Kitchen:
Countertops, sinks & appliances
Stove, everything moveable
Microwave, in & out
Outside of ovens
Refrigerators, top & front
Window over sink
Floor washed

Other Rooms:
Furniture dusted and polished
Light fixtures dusted
Mini-blinds and shutters dusted
Window sills dusted
Mirrors cleaned
Carpets vacuumed
Floors vacuumed & washed
Cobwebs & fingerprints cleaned
All trash emptied
Ceiling fans dusted
Baseboards dusted

Alternating Tasks (one per visit for FREE)
Vacuuming furniture
Cleaning leather furniture
Baseboards washed
Polishing kitchen cabinets

Extra Tasks (Additional charge)
Clean inside of refrigerator
Clean inside of oven
Silver Polishing
Clean inside of fireplace
Washing windows and screens
Something not listed above? Let us know, and we will accommodate your request!

No comments:

Post a Comment