Monday, February 15, 2010

Tired But Happy

After a 15-year hiatus, I hit the slopes for 2 days of skiing with these wonderful children. This was probably one of the best weekends of my life. It was the company. These kids are great skiing companions. Always stopping and waiting for the group to catch up. My heart swelled to see how thoughtful and mature my kids have grown to be.

Sure this was the best snowy El Nino condition California has seen in years. Sure the weather was perfect. Yes, I was thankful that we were all healthy enough to go skiing in the first place. But nothing touches a mother's heart like knowing her children have developed into compassionate, responsible human beings. And sometimes these qualities are more visible when the elements present a challenge.
###

No comments:

Post a Comment