Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I am still blown away

It was beyond anything I had ever seen before. SO MANY people attended Aunt M's wake and funeral. At the viewing, people were lined up out the door for over 3 hours straight. I counted almost 200 families signed into the guest book, often couples or families with children, so there were probably 300 to 400 people there. I LOVE MISSOURI! Such a loving, supportive community. Not something one sees in the big city. Complete strangers came up to me saying they had heard about me, the "long lost" cousin from California. It is hard to describe. My heart is full to overflowing. So much love. Only one empty spot and that was Aunt M's house. Much too quiet now she's gone.

Everyone who lives in a small town I envy you. Lucky, lucky people!
###

No comments:

Post a Comment