Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm Not Too Old To Know Who Taylor Swift Is


Or maybe I am. It was a little embarrassing. When I was in Missouri, my cousins' kids, many of whom are growing into lovely young ladies, told me that they really like Taylor Swift. "Er. Uh," I answered. {blush} I knew it was important to them. A couple of the girls had gone so far as to learn how to play guitar and they used their skills to great effect at Aunt M's funeral.

So I came home and put Taylor Swift's name into the You Tube search and immediately came up with a few songs I am already VERY familiar with. The kids and I listen to Radio Disney in the car (lesser of 2 evils) and Disney doesn't hammer home who each artist is after each song so I never paid much attention. I mean, if it's not the Madagascar "Move It" song, or the Black Eyed Peas' Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night song, I just don't know who is singing what.

So now I am watching the music videos and it occurs to me that my cousins' daughters don't have to work very hard to take after Taylor Swift. She looks like them. Or should I say they look like her. For whatever reason, Taylor Swift could fit in very well with the way the kids look (lots of good looks) in that side of the family. And now I like to look at the video just to remember them. Earnest young people with good role models. Did I say I miss Missouri?

No comments:

Post a Comment